Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9, 2008

Second day of classes. Today was a special day. Kind of stupid in my opinion: Student Life Day or something like that. I only had one class: Digital Photography that lasted an hour. The amazing thing was that I actually used what I learned at Bush from the crappy art classes. We were asked to analyze pictures, and I used the principles of art such as balance, constrast, pattern, and focal point to point out what was exemplary about the pictures. I do not get it actually. I have never seen a picture that took my breath away because of the technique. I have never seen a picture that took my breath away period.

Student Life Day. Our advisor took us out to a bakery a short walk away in the town of Exeter where she bought everyone a drink and a cookie. I got black currant ice tea and no cookie because I have no passionate love for cookies. Afterwards, we decorated t-shirts for field day on friday. Yeah theres going to be an inflatable carnival in the gym on Saturday. We're the Peabody Peppers. You pronounce it pee-buddy. lol, pee buddy hee.

There were swim tests today and I was too chicken to take them. The shallow end of the pool was 7 FEET. and the deep was 12 feet. No matter what end I went in, I would totally sink. You had to swim to the end and back. If my life depended on it, I probably could have done it. but I was too scared that I would need assistance getting out and that's just plain embarrasing to get stranded in water. So now i can't use the pool facilities and when I go to the beach I can't go in water above my knees. I don't even know if I'm allowed to go to the water park. Not being able to swim sucks so bad.

First PE tomorrow. The choices kind of sucked. I got into volleyball. I bet the instructors are better than Theo.

No comments: