Monday, July 7, 2008

More information on my first day at Exeter, and also today. Date July 7, 2008

I departed from Sea Tac around 10 @ night and arrived in Washington Dulles at 3:00 in the morning Pacific Time. There, I ate my nasty subway which was soggy from the heavy honey mustard the stupid sandwich maker put on. We waited around 2 hrs until our plane to Boston came. It lasted around an hour and I got on. We arrived at Boston and waited an hour for the charter bus to come. It took another hour to get to Exeter. We got on Campus around 12. so the journey lasted more than half a day. That was really boring writing.

Then it was registration day time. They gave us our id cards which doubled as a debit card. Mines held 300 dollars. Which is actually not that much. The school suggested 600 spending money. Then we walked around stations to registrate. I got my laundry card, set up my account, got to know my dorm, and wandered around the place, which was quite a feat considering the temperature.

Today, we went on a small ferry toar of the Isle of Shoals (I believe that is what they are called.) One half of that body of water was Maine, and the other half was New Hampshire. We played a rather, for lack of better words, stupid scavenger hunt where we all have played a version of. We search for people who have certain things true about them. The first person to get everyone wins a fabulous prize *sarcasm* a box of SKITTLES. All other winners gets . . . drum roll please. . . . .a mini packet of SKITTLES. Oo-la-la my heart shall burst with suspense. Then we got back here. On the bus ride home, I talked with this girl whose name is so long I can't write. She is from Thailand (to all Rainier Scholars: its kind of like Sean's last name Ekavithvorakul) and her nickname is Paw. Pronounced Pow. She didn't know what bubble tea was! Her family must have been really rich to afford Exeter. International students can't get financial aid and 6000+ dollars in Thai money is quite a hefty sum. I have also meet with a girl from Venezuela, a girl from Hong Kong, and a girl who lives in my dorm and is from Hong Kong too but she's white. Cool!

After the boat tour, it was universal free time. I have wasted my free time by wasting money at the bookstore on an overpriced water bottle + dividers + prepaid phoning card + Carmex (which my friend had to help me get cuz it was too tall boohoo). It all added up to 18 DOLLARS. Yarggh. i dont know if I can last the summer at this current spending rate. I spent 80 on books yesterday. well, technically I only spent 50 on books because of a Barnes and noble gift card given to me by someone (thanks so much someone lol) OO and I purchased an ethernet cable and successfully installed it so thats why I have kick butt internet.

The only query remaining is, if I have kick butt internet in my own room, why am I killing my butt sitting on this hard stool in the library where the computer is not nearly kick butt as mine? Well, probably because the library AC is totally awesome. . . . . . . .
you know you love me XOXO Duyen

No comments: