Friday, July 18, 2008

Lessons I have Learned - Applies to All

Having been at Exeter, I have learned lessons that do not apply to academics. I don't know if this is a result of being here or what but here goes at the risk of sounding like a total cheese:

- Being with new people expands your musical interests. I have stuff on my Ipod that I have never of before being here, like Cute is what we aim for and Katy Perry. Your Ipod playlist displays your personality and if the playlist expands that means your personality has also expanded. Yay ^_^

- It's okay to be alone at times. You don't have to hang out with or be around the presence of people all the time. It's not going to matter if you miss hang out time with your friends once or twice. What matters is you and how you use that time to develop yourself.

- It's okay to be yourself - self explanatory and over said but it is true. Pretending to be someone is not worth it and tiring.

- Volleyball is a team sport - no matter how skilled you are, the whole team needs to be good and work together. It doesn't hurt if you guys are buddies either, because then you can forgive each other's mistake. Example: I was playing with a team today that I only knew one person in it well and we sucked so bad. I don't know if they're regularly that bad or because they hated me. When played well, volleyball is very fun and fun makes you feel good. So through a geometric mathematical property (transversal? idk) volleyball makes you feel good.

1 comment:

Macedonia said...

cool, you learned morals besides the lessons in class!